Friday 20 February 2015

YOLO

The other day I was chatting with a friend (hi Kez) and we were talking about taking chances and doing stuff we want to do, as we all only live once. We were joking about the popular acronym YOLO (you only live once) when she said 'hey you should write a blog post about that!'.

So here I am...

I never thought about YOLO until I was in my mid twenties. Previous to that death and life and all in between was not something I contemplated. I mean why would I. I had no need to. In my mind I could live this life a thousand times and had all the time in the world to do it. But as I have gotten older I have realised that we do in fact only live once. So probably time to start making it the best life it can be.


When Matilda was about one year old I started a bucket list.  

I have a list of 54 things so far but here are a few:

21: Travel around Australia
34: Pay for a strangers dinner
35: take the kids to see the monkeys in Borneo
37: save an animal from death
40: Iceskate outdoors
44: walk behind a waterfall
47: climb a mountain
49: pat an elephant 

Hopefully a few of the 54 can be crossed off the list in the next six months!





No comments:

Post a Comment