Tuesday 3 February 2015

Me, Myself and I....

Tonight I have the place to myself (well me, three kids and two dogs) as Craig is out having dinner with some mates. 


The kids are now in bed asleep and the dogs are laying quietly at my feet. I have the thermo going as I am cooking some chicken soup. The kitchen is clean the washing is folded and I've got My Kitchen Rules on in the background as I write this. And I am content. 

Craig and I have been together for 15 years now. And obviously I do love him and love spending time with him,  BUT.

I like my own space. 

I think I am being slightly brave putting this out there. So many women I know are all like 'oh I can't live without my husband' and they need him to do this and do that. I am not one of them. I can quite comfortably do most things by myself and am quite happy with my own space.

When Craig was working Fly in Fly Out I had so many other mums put in their two cents worth. The comments rolled in like 'oh my husband could never leave us' 'I couldn't be apart for that long'. 

And sometimes it was lonely and sometimes I wished Craig was home. But for the most part I didn't mind my alone time for the 8 days he was away.

I don't write this in a mean and nasty way towards my husband. I actually think its something a lot of people don't talk about because when you are married you are supposed to need your husband. Supposed to not be able to live without him.

I guess what I am trying to write is that I am an independent person and although Craig and I do lots of things together I have never been the damsel in distress type, nor the clingy type. Nor the wife who needs attention all the time type. I enjoy spending some time with Craig. I enjoy going for walks and out for lunch and hanging out at home. I enjoy his company. I really do.

But I don't NEED him and I certainly don't NEED to be with him all the time. It is going to be interesting to see how I go with my own space when we are on the road for six months. Craig and I have already discussed it and he says that we both need to do our own thing on occasion to make sure that we don't suffocate each other. 







No comments:

Post a Comment